Saturday, February 22, 2014

Coming soon!

When I moved to New York I had started the New New Yorker as a way to document my life in the big city. But the more I did it, the more I began to realize I hated being self referential. The blog didn't work because I just didnt have the passion for it to tell everyone what I'm doing all the time. And so I thought about what I should do how I should tackle my blog. I hunk the New New Yorker will become a monthly thing. But weekly is just beyond me with everything I have to do.

But this is why I've called you all here. You see, I've been trying so hard to make a blog that my passion will really shine through for. And that's when it hits me. FILM I love film. But not just watching movies. I love what goes into making a movie. I love how movies affect society  and vice versa I love the emotional impact a movie has and I love that movies are the one true way that we all connect with one another.

I've always wanted to be. Film critic to some capacity. And really believe I have a good handle on the film industry. So here's what I'm goi g to be doing.  The American Film Buff blog will be a blog that will coincide  the American Film Buff round table, a semi scripted discussion of the films  reviewed here. to get started I will be reviewing the Afi top 100 movies from there I will branch off and review current movies as well as foreign movies. I hope that this blog turns out to be something worth ending to everyone.

So if everyone else is ready... Lights camera... ACTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment